Esoteric Fundamentals of Education
This course was given at Rudolf Steiner College for teachers who work with special needs populations. The general theme addresses the learning issues that arise from compromised sense perception.
Fair Oaks, CA, December 2011.
This course was given at Rudolf Steiner College for teachers who work with special needs populations. The general theme addresses the learning issues that arise from compromised sense perception. The role of imagination in promoting what is known as theory of mind is traced from the neurological roots of perception to the development of an inner work practice based on conscious formation of an inner organ of spiritual perception. The sequence, observe, depict, describe, represent and silence is explained as a methodology for developing such an organ of spiritual perception. This is then placed in the context of the phases of age appropriate education and the use of symbols as a healing force in an educational setting.
- Lecture 1: menu consciousness, opinion, incarnation, excarnation, enlivening the senses, clairvoyance, say, see, do, sympathy, antipathy
- Lecture 2: fantasy, imagination, form in nature, tolerating ambiguity, moral imagination, ambiguity exercise, continuity
- Lecture 3: systematic unknowing, autistic spectrum, control issues, theory of mind, neurogenesis, fear, arousal , neurogenesi
- Lecture 4: organ of spiritual perception, observe, depict, describe, represent, silence, neurological default pathway, phenomenology practice
- Lecture 5: age appropriate education, shadow soul force, Rosicrucian path, stages of human development, skill, knowledge, deed of Christ, symbols